Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Map of My Heart

I did a lesson on this topic with Grade Ones from "My Map Book." With different reasoning and expectations, we also did maps of our hearts in Grade 5/6. As such a developmentally diverse topic, I really saw students exceeding expectations; going above and beyond the ten spaces that I requested in the assignment's criteria. Here are some good copies not yet coloured:





We really scaffolded through this assignment - listing ten things we are grateful for in our journals, typing our top three on the computer and pasting on a foam leaf for the fall bulletin board, creating a draft "Map of my Heart" in our journals, penciling in our good copies, and finally, adding colour and detail. Tomorrow we will finish our hearts and complete a self-assessment on them before decorating our classroom with them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing! -Ms. D.