Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday

Day two in Grade 5/6.

We started with a writing prompt from: http://www.makebeliefscomix.com
They have awesome comic-writing prompts on the website (under printables).

We taught leadership through a recycling project- creating presentations for the younger grades on what can and can't be recycled in our school recycling system. Most of the students were very much on task & really succeeded in showing leadership/team skills. We will be presenting early next week.

We have been doing lots of D.P.A., since I want to wait until I have all of my students and we can go over gym rules as a class before we do P.E. This crazy frog song has been great fun in the class:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fju_XcUhqo&feature=player_embedded#!
If you have any fun DPA ideas that you absolutely can't help but share with me, please comment!

We began our "About Me" Powerpoint presentations in the computer lab, and I had to restrict some students to using clip art after inappropriate Google searches. I have been working really hard with the students to establish high expectations of behaviour and academics.

We have a lot of math review to do before our school-wide Singapore Math testing (a school-wide leveled program) so I will be fitting that into tomorrow. Also tomorrow, we will talk about our classroom code of conduct.

Thank you for reading, I am looking forward to meet my Grade 5's tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing! -Ms. D.